New Patient Forms
8005 Bay Street, Suite 5
Sebastian, FL 32958
Vero Beach, FL
3730 7th Terrace, Suite 101
Vero Beach, FL 32960
- Central University of Venezuela School of Medicine – Caracas, Venezuela
INTERNSHIP & RESIDENCY IN GENERAL SURGERY & UROLOGY:
- University of South Florida Health – Tampa, FL
- Clinical Research Fellowship in Endourology – Cornell University/New York Presbyterian Hospital – New York, NY
- Postgraduate Research Fellowship in Urology – University of California/Los Angeles Center of Health & Sciences – Los Angeles, CA
- Research Fellowship – University of South Florida/Sexual Medicine Program – Tampa, FL
- American Board of Urology, Certified Diplomate
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS:
- American Urological Association
- Robotic Surgeons Society
- Endourological Society
After completing his Research Fellowship, Dr. Hugo Davila served as Chief Resident in Urology from 2009 to 2010 at the University of South Florida Health Center in Tampa, FL. He then became the Director of Urology at St. Joseph Health Center in Tawas, Michigan before joining Indian River Urology, with locations in Sebastian and Vero Beach. He is an active staff member at Sebastian River Medical Center and Indian River Medical Center. Dr. Davila provides a wide range of urologic services and treatments, some of the most common of which include laser, percutaneous and shock wave lithotripsy for kidney stones. He also has a special interest in robotic surgery in kidney cancer and female reconstructive surgery and has treated more than 200 cases with minimally invasive procedures using robotic and laparoscopic approaches.
Dr. Davila is a dedicated physician/researcher and has served as a Reviewer for, and been published extensively in, such prestigious journals as Biology of Reproduction, Journal of Sexual Medicine and Journal of Urology. He most recently co-authored a manuscript about Robotic Assisted Radical Nephrectomy, which was published in the June 2016 edition of the Journal of Robotic Surgery. Always focused and involved in bringing the latest advances into his practice, Dr. Davila spearheaded a physician Journal Club, in which doctors from a range of specialties meet regularly to discuss new evidence-based treatments and approaches that promote the implementation of new knowledge into practice and improve patient outcomes. His personal interests include motorcycles, travel, soccer, computers, music and movies.
- Webinar: Signs, Symptoms and Treatment Options for Erectile Dysfunction and Urinary Incontinence Learn about a treatment for erectile dysfunction beyond medication that hundreds of thousands of men have chosen as a way to return to themselves and an active sex life. Hosted by Dr. Hugo Davila, this webinar, EDCure.org, and FixIncontinence.com is brought to you by Boston Scientific.
- Robotic and laparoendoscopic single-site utero-sacral ligament suspension for apical vaginal prolapse: evaluation of our technique and perioperative outcomes.Davila HH, Gallo T, Bruce L, Landrey C.J Robot Surg. 2016 Sep 8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical nephrectomy using the Da Vinci Si system: how to improve surgeon autonomy. Our step-by-step technique.Davila HH, Storey RE, Rose MC.J Robot Surg. 2016 Sep;10(3):285-8. doi: 10.1007/s11701-016-0608-6. Epub 2016 Jun 7.
Local urologist creates new surgical fix for prolapse: http://www.veronews.com/32963_features/health/local-urologist-creates-new-surgical-fix-for-prolapse/article_e4dcc4a6-ac4d-11e6-b668-d7bba741bbc1.html
Robotic and laparoendoscopic single-site utero-sacral ligament suspension for apical vaginal prolapse: evaluation of our technique and perioperative outcomes: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11701-016-0638-0
Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Apical Suspension. 4 points technique (RALAS-4): first case reported (Graphic)
- Anatomic Evaluation of Uterosacral and Cardinal Ligament during Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery for Pelvic Organ Prolapse: http://www.scirp.org/Journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=80757
- Dr. Hugo Davila Lead Author of Study Evaluating Ligament Relationships During Surgery for Female Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic apical suspension: description of the spiral technique
- New Hydro-Gel Makes Prostate Cancer Treatment Safer
- ‘Ultrasonography’ device takes imaging to new level (VeroNews.com)